Friday, November 25, 2011

i don't need no stinking directions.

You will come to see I don't pay attention. Typically it is by nature, sometimes it is on purpose. I twitch when I have to follow directions. I wince when a recipe is over 5 ingredients or 3 steps. Being in the kitchen with me has to be trying. Yet, I am sure I provide some entertainment factor. Yesterday, as I prepared my green salad contribution for the meal, I couldn't leave well enough alone. I grabbed a loaf of plain wrap bread and made croutons. I cut each slice, crusts intact, in 4x4 cubes and tossed them in a bowl with a few generous sprays of ... Canola oil. I was out of olive oil. I made three batches ... One had salt and pepper, one with a fine dust of cayenne and one with salt and Italian seasoning. 15 minutes on the pizza pan in a 400 degree oven and tah-dah! Just buttery enough, nice and toasty and a bit of salty bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...