Sunday, December 11, 2011

pulp and friction

This morning I decided that my happy persimmons were not going to stay whole past 9:00 a.m. I promptly fired up the iPad and went on the hunt. I settled on directions from eHow, but would rather have had pictures. While I appreciate learning the origin of my persimmons, I had no idea what to expect, what constituted "the middle" for cutting purposes and how to know if I had a mutant bunch. I moved on. I rinsed each in cold water and gave them a gentle scrub. I cut the tops off and discarded the stems and leaves. I then tried horizontal and vertical cuts and truth be told...never found a comfy angle. I scooped the pithy seeds and chunked each before plopping them in the blender. On "puree" as instructed, I proceeded with the pulping. Blenders are a pain in the rear for this and similar processes, but I am not sure I was convinced the food processor was going to score. Took a bit, but once some juice was shook loose it did it's thing. I pressed the gorgeous dark orange puree through a strainer and ended up with smooth, sweet pulp as promised. I promptly turned my attention to a search for persimmon cookies and ended up with blog entry number two coming soon! Oh, the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...