Sunday, April 8, 2012

wIne and cupcakes

Pairing wine with food is not a new idea. Pairing it with cupcakes isn't cutting edge either, but it's new for me! I have done it on my own, but my wine knowledge leaves much to be desired. I have a possible event coming up and am working on fine tuning my wine buds and cupcake brain. I found a fab list of flavor pairing suggestions and have already begun to create the "menu" for the event... How about... Chocolate with Vintage Port, Late Harvest Zinfandel, Lustau Muscat Sherry “Emlin,” Recioto Amarone. Coconut with Sauternes (particularly Lafaurie-Peyraguey), Late Harvest Semillon from Australia, or a Beerenauslese Riesling from Rheingau. Citrus with Muscats - a Beaumes de Venise or a California Muscat like Bonny Doon. Yum! If you have any suggestions please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...